Digital files for PRINT will be accepted in the following formats only:
- JPEG – maximum quality only
- PDF – fine for logos. For sending info for use as copy, see below
- TIFF – great for images, photos.
- EPS – preferred for logos & illustrations
- AI – preferred for logos & illustrations, but all fonts must be converted to outlines or paths.
- PSD – in some cases. Fonts must be supplied. Do not merge layers of PSD files.
All files required for print must be supplied with a MINIMUM resolution of 300dpi. See below for a primer on resolutions and print terms. I can accept the majority of Adobe native files. We cannot currently accept Quark or PageMaker files, so please convert these before sending.
Accepted file formats for WEB & WEBSITE usage include the above as well as:
- PNG – use 24 bit highest quality where possible
- Animated GIF
Images and artwork will not be accepted in these formats whatsoever (does not include data or text):
- MICROSOFT WORD
- MICROSOFT POWER POINT
- WORD PERFECT
- MICROSOFT PUBLISHER
- GENERIC PAINT PROGRAMS – that cannot convert to any accepted file format
Image files sent to us in the unaccepted formats are unusable in a professional sense. They are of terrible quality when embedded in such programs so are unable to be used. We do not accept these formats for quality issues. These programs do not export files at a high enough resolution and can reduce the final product quality.
If you have no other format then sometimes we may be able to recreate the artwork – such as a logo that you have.