- E-MAIL – best for files up to 12MB
- ONLINE FILE TRANSFER – using services such as:
- www.dropbox.com – cloud storage, up to 2GB free
- www.sugarsync.com – cloud storage
- www.yousendit.com – free for up to 25MB
- USB Flash Drive – can be mailed
- FTP UPLOAD – can be arranged, but online transfer, email and DVD are the preferred methods.
Please include all the files needed for the job, label all discs and files clearly, and make sure all files can be opened on PC platform.
If you are emailing or using online transfer of files, please zip or rar files (using Winzip or Winrar) as this will cut down on transfer time and is more secure. It also helps safeguard artwork from being corrupted when uploading. It is still a good idea to test your zip file by unzipping it again to make sure that it wasn’t corrupted.
When emailing, clearly label the subject line with something that indicates the files / project attached. For instance, “Allan’s Website, Product Photos” or “Betty’s Website Text” as this will make it easier to search for and reference. Please see more in Effective Communication ADD LINK.
If you wish to use FTP to submit your files, you may arrange to do so when the files are needed. This service needs to be set up and you will be sent the login details at the time..